Saturday 15 February 2014

Slimming World Watercress Soup

Long time, not blog! 
So much has happened in my personal life.  The main one being that I'm restricted to school holidays to type as I'm a teacher and the intensity of teaching means that my inspiration can tend to fail in term time!
Nick and I have joined Slimming World, though.  He's lost 14 lbs and I've lost 21 lbs!  I've been saying for the last 3 months that I should post some of the delicious Slimming World recipes that we've created. So I will try...

Today's delight is my favourite soup in the world - Watercress.  I could have this every day!

It's stupidly simple and completely sin free!  Way hey!!

ingredients

• 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 2 onions, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 800ml stock  (You could actually make this 1 litre)
• 2 bags of watercress, chopped

serves 2-3
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the potatoes, onions and and garlic in olive oil. Add the stock and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add the chopped watercress and cook for 3–4 minutes.
2. Liquidise the soup until smooth.

 
 
The colour is so green.  I made the mistake of devouring it as soon as I had liquidised the soup.  It was a little foamy!! Next time, I'll let it sit for a while.
 
This made 4 portions.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment