Sunday 1 September 2013

Porchetta style Pork Loin

This is all Nick's idea, not mine I'm afraid!!  But it looks too good to miss an opportunity in sharing.

I cannot tell you how good our home smells right now! 

I bought a pork loin in the reduced section of the local supermarket and Nick suggested cutting it flat and adding a layer of stuffing so that it cooks inside.

He is sat with me now to talk through the pictures.  By the way, I love living with a chef!!







Here is the stuffing made and ready to go. 
We used a supermarket brand but you could always make your own.

Place the stuffing between two sheets of clingflim (plastic wrap).

Use a rolling pin to roll the stuffing to the length of the meat.

Nick decided to be "chefy" here and measure the stuffing exactly to the meat.
You could always just press the stuffing to the meat instead of rolling it out, if you like.

The stuffing on the meat, ready to roll.

Carefully wrap the meat on to itself.
 
You want the crackling on the top.

Tie the meat using kitchen string.
Don't worry about the stuffing coming out. 
Nick pressed it to the meat before it went into the oven.

Nick used some carrots, onion, a couple of garlic cloves and some thyme to help make a stock for the gravy.

Ta dah!! AAAmazing!
Cook the meat at 230'Cfor 20 mins and then turn the owen down to 190'C and cook for approx 30-40 mins according to the size of the joint.  If you use a meat probe, the temperature should be 65'C when done.


I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to this dinner.

I know.  I am very VERY fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment